Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, January 2, 2015

Count Your Blessings

Psalm 40:5


I was in the grocery store the other day and noticed the headline on this magazine:  The Pursuit of Contentment.  I didn't flip through the magazine (or buy it), so I don't know what it had to say about contentment.  But I do know a sure way of finding contentment:  Count Your Blessings.  We'd just come from another grocery store where I happened to pick a line where the young mother (her child was in the cart) was using WIC (Women, Infants, & Children) coupons to pay for her purchases.  She had several coupons and each selection of items (I think they were grouped in categories like fresh vegetables, baby formula, etc.) had to be rung up and paid for separately.  What had appeared to be a short line ended up taking much longer.  But because I was thinking about today's Three Little Words, I was not annoyed.  Instead, I counted it a blessing that I did not need to use WIC coupons.  There was a time I had to count pennies for several years, but that experience only served to make me more frugal and less stingy once our finances stabilized.  The experience taught me that God provides even when I don't know how it's going to happen.  I learned that the real Blessing came from trusting God no matter what.  As long as I remember to trust God, everything can be counted as a Blessing.