Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, January 15, 2015

Don't Be Childish

Philippians 3:14-15

My granddaughter can have the sweetest expressions on her face. . . .
But once she turned eight months we started seeing this one. . . .

In the second scripture we are told to stop thinking like children and be like infants in regard to evil.  I pondered on this statement and I think I understand.  Our little granddaughter is no longer an infant.  She has become aware of the difference between right and wrong.  If you tell her "no" to something, the next time she starts to do it, she looks over your way to see if you're going to stop her, then goes ahead and does it.  And if she doesn't want to do something you want her to do, she makes a face.  There was a time she was completely innocent--she had no knowledge of the rightness or wrongness of putting something she shouldn't in her mouth.  As for her thinking, she's at the age now that she enjoys the attention she is getting and I'm sure if she didn't get it she'd probably demand it--she is not the timid sort.  She's developed likes and dislikes for certain foods and will turn her head and buck in the chair to avoid the spoon hovering in front of her mouth.  These are childish behaviors and quite normal, but if an adult acted in this manner it would not be appropriate.  In all three scriptures I am being admonished to think like a mature adult--not to demand my own way, take my responsibilities seriously, and never pout or throw a fit when things don't go my way.  Yet, I need to be like an innocent child who trusts her parents for all her needs.  God loves me and will take care of me.....and if He tells me "no" I'll trust He knows best.