Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, January 12, 2015

Keep the Faith

Proverbs 4:20-23


My husband's sister likes to run in races several times a year so when she came for our son's wedding in 2011 she organized a race for the family.  She even provided T-Shirts for everyone with the names of the bride and groom and the date with the words "Family 5K - Run-Walk-Crawl."  The plan had been to go into town and run around the park, but it was 100 degrees in the shade that day so everyone elected to stick to the neighborhood--a short two-block run.  Our driveway, though, was the real challenge as they had to run then walk then practically crawl back up it when they were done.  The slope you see in the photo is actual--not an illusion from the camera angle.  Today's scripture is about "finishing the race" as Paul refers to the Christian walk, which sometimes can feel like a run up hill or a crawl when we feel exhausted!  But remembering that God is there to help me in my time of need will empower my faith to keep me from falling.  I'll be able to finish the race and receive my reward.