Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, January 25, 2015

Keep Good Company

What better photo to illustrate today's three little words than this one.  Jesus refers to us as sheep on several occasions.  Paul exhorts Christians to keep away from every fellow Christian who lives an unruly life.  This first generation of Christians were as young children in the faith, easily led astray, just as sheep are.  They needed good examples in order to grow in their faith--not weak ones.  When my family moved when I was 9 I made friends with two little girls who thought nothing of shoplifting from the little corner grocery.  I wish I could tell you that I was secure enough to not need to follow their example in order to keep their friendship.  It was probably a very good thing that we moved from that neighborhood after three months.  After that I was more selective in the friends I made.  Even now I need to be careful about not trying to fit in at the expense of violating my Christian witness.  It's too easy to join in with gossipers, or as Paul calls them, busybodies.