Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, January 29, 2015

Make a Plan

Proverbs 16:3


A few years ago when I saw an ad in the classifieds for free brick I made a plan to build a small lean-to greenhouse onto the house.  Ken and I made two trips out into the countryside with our mini-van to collect these bricks.  A couple years later I ended up using them instead to make a bricked area in front of our picket fence for a small table and chairs and flower pots with enough left over to make a foot path through my garden.  I collected the brick according to the plan I made, but they were used for something entirely different.  Today's verses tell me it's wise to make plans, but that it is God who establishes my steps, so when things don't work out the way I think they should, I can trust that God's plans are even better.