Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, January 26, 2015

Respect Your Elders

1 Timothy 5:1


When my boys were little I used to worry about whether or not I was a good enough parent until a friend in her 60's told me she admired that I let my boys tell me whatever they didn't like about my requests and rules.  They would often question my decisions concerning them and sometimes I would change my mind based on what they had to say.  I told my friend that I'd always allowed them to express themselves as long as they did it respectfully.  I think this is why I cringe when I hear a Christian railing at God.  He calls us to be honest with Him, but to complain is to question God's integrity.  God only wants what's best for us and if I truly believe that, I won't complain about my trials.  Instead, I'll trust that He'll see me safely through it and that I'll be better off for it.