Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, February 12, 2015

Dreams Come True

2 Samuel 7:28-29



I've dreamed of being a mother since I was a little girl playing with dolls.  I married young, but because I wanted to be able to stay home with my children, we delayed starting our family for seven years while I worked and saved.  Once we felt it was time and a year had passed with no success, I began to wonder if my dream would ever come true.  Since I had worked longer than I'd planned I decided to quit work and pursue activities that I really wanted to be doing--like signing up to visit an elderly woman in an assisted-care facility.  Margaret was in her 70's with only a couple nieces who rarely visited.  I visited her weekly, taking her out in my little 2-seater sports car.  One of our visits was to her little girl's grave.  The child had died suddenly in the late 1920's from meningitis.  Then her husband died and not too long afterwards her mother.  I remember the day I arrived to tell her I was pregnant after two long years of trying.  She was thrilled and told me she'd been praying for me to have a child.  Jonathan and I continued to visit her every week.  And even after we moved 30 miles away two years later, and had a second child, all three of us continued to visit her until her death the next year when Jonathan was four and Matthew was one.  I went on to have a third child five years later and finally felt my family was complete.  I often think of Margaret and feel blessed for having known her and for being able to share with her the children I had dreamed of for so long.