Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, February 9, 2015

Knowledge is Power

Proverbs 1:5-7


Today's three little words go hand-in-hand with yesterday's "Nothing is Impossible." The reason I say that is when I don't believe that with God everything is possible, I begin to take matters into my own hands.  That ignites my ego, and I stop being open to learning because I think I already have all the answers.  The Proverbs passage says it's the "fear" of God that opens us to knowledge....fearing God means to be in awe of Him.  When I take that humble attitude, God can instruct me, and through my experiences, with His knowledge firmly planted in my mind, I can become "as wise as an owl."