Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Little Things Count

Mark 4:30-32


The little things do matter.  They can do much destruction or they can grow into great and wonderful things like the mustard seed used to illustrate how the Kingdom of God grows.  The tiniest of seeds, once planted, can grow to a large size, offering shade for birds to nest in.  The tiniest bit of faith can grow into the Kingdom of God within.  I wore a mustard seed encased in glass along with my half of a Mizpah coin while my fiancee was in Vietnam in 1968.  The Mizpah coin represented my promise to wait for his return, but the mustard seed represented the faith I had that he would return so that we could be married and grow a life together.  It was my tiny faith as a young Christian that helped me face all the uncertainty the year-long wait engendered in me.  Forty-six years ago today I only had four more days to wait for his return.  We were married seven days later.  From that small beginning we have produced a life together, three sons (the youngest who turns 27 today), a granddaughter, a home, and many wonderful memories.