Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, March 9, 2015

Abstain From Evil




Today's Three Little Words was a hard one to illustrate with one of my photographs.  So I looked up the definition of evil to see if it would give me some ideas.  The Christian definition of evil is, "any action, thought or attitude that is contrary to the character or will of God."  This was very sobering to me because it means any unkind thought I have about another is evil.  So I went back to my photo library and found this photo I took of a witch and black cat at a general store in the mountains of Pennsylvania last Fall.  Black cats weren't always considered bad luck.  It was only during the witch hunts of the 16th and 17th centuries that black cats became connected to women who were deemed to be witches.  By association cats were deemed evil.  This is something to think about as Christians.  Who I associate with could affect my reputation, but an even greater concern should be my own thoughts and behavior.  Am I someone others can associate with and keep their good reputations?