Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Do Not Lie


Future apples

It really begins with lying, doesn't it.  The lie we tell ourselves about ourselves.  We either say I'm not worthy to have a relationship with God, or that we don't need a relationship with God, or worse, there is no God.  From there fear determines every move we make which takes us further and further away from God's plan for us.  When Adam and Eve hid from God they lost their chance to be redeemed immediately.  When the serpent lied to Eve she lied to herself about God's love for her.  She told herself that God was withholding something good from her.  Then she shared this lie with Adam, and he lied to himself in the same way.  It's when I quit believing the truth that God loves me and wants only what is best for me, that I take matters into my own hands and break the relationship God intended for me to have with Him.