Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, June 4, 2015

Attitude is Everything



We are to have the attitude of Christ--humility.  Our word humility is derived from "humus" which means earth or ground.  We are made from dust, return to dust and in between we are dependent on the earth.  Being human and connected to earth in so many ways being humble would seem a natural way to be.  In fact, I believe this was how we were made to be!  But because we are given a choice (free will, since this gives it more meaning when we choose it), it often is not chosen.  I think many more of us would choose it if everyone did, but to choose it when those around you don't, can often be difficult, especially in our society of "me first" in all things.  Thankfully, God has given me His Holy Spirit to enable me to choose the right attitude--the one He intended and is best for me because through it (humility) I are able to receive His grace