Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Do Unto Others



If a cat and dog can get along so well together, why can't we?  I struggled with these verses for years because I felt I WAS doing onto others as I'd want done onto me.  The problem was I was expecting them to turn around and do unto me as I'd done unto them. Scripture does not need to be added to, but it sure would have helped me if the writers would have added, "but don't expect anything in return."  But if you look at scripture as a whole the caveat has always been there--we are to love others unconditionally as God loves us unconditionally and as we are to love ourselves.  That should be reward enough.  What I tend to forget is if I do all things as unto the Lord I'll be enabled to love others unconditionally, and will be rewarded by God Himself when I hear those wonderful words, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."