Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Owe No One


photo credit:  Ken Schultz
This photo of me and my newborn son in 1979 was taken in the parking lot of our townhouse community.  During the 8 years we lived there I'd made friends of several of the neighbors.  It was interesting to me that the neighbors I was not friends with whose garbage cans were left sitting on the curb days after the garbage had been collected annoyed me, but my friends' cans did not.  That observation has always stuck with me.  Today's scriptures say we are not to borrow nor lend money.  I think the very practical reason is we make it more difficult to love these people if we are struggling to repay them or vice versa.  I shouldn't put myself in a situation that would jeopardize my ability to love someone.  My only debt to them should be love.