Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Always Give Thanks



Giving thanks in all circumstances does not come naturally to people.  When my granddaughter fell and cut her forehead while in my care, I could not feel thankful that she'd gotten hurt.   All sorts of disasters, much worse, befall people every day.  This is why faith is all important in our relationship with God.  I've often said that to love is to forgive--they are synonymous--because everyone you'll ever have in your life will need to be forgiven for something at some point.....and if you live with them, probably often!  But that also includes yourself.  To love myself is to forgive myself.....and I can give thanks to God for loving me with the kind of love that purifies my heart and helps me grow closer to Him.