Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, July 16, 2015

Number Your Days



In 1976 we drove down to Mississippi to visit my Dad's mother while my parents were also visiting.  Mamaw, who was born in 1897, showed us a photo album of my Dad when he was a little boy.  I visited her for the last time in 2000, two months before she died--the week before her 103rd birthday.  She outlived her husband, her two sons and three step-children, and  her eight siblings, even though she was the oldest.  Only a daughter survived her.  I wonder, when she was young, if she ever thought she'd live that long, and if she'd known, whether she would have lived her life differently.