Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, July 2, 2015

Obey Your Parents



Learning to obey one's parents is a necessary part of becoming a good citizen.  Teaching obedience, therefore, is one of the most important things a parent can do.  The parents have to decide how they will discipline a non-compliant child.  While looking through my photo library I came across the above photo.  I think I should have taken this tack with my sons when they refused to obey me, asking them, "Wouldn't you want someone to do what you asked them to do?  Then you need to do what you'd like others to do--obey me right now!"  I wonder if they would have complied?