Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, August 31, 2015

Ask For Help



Have you asked for help from God and not received it?  If so, it only means you have asked amiss!  (James 4:3)  I have found this out first hand.  When we were looking for a house I had my list of features I wanted--none of which were in this house that we bought.  We have lived here 34 years now.  It has taught me how to ask God for help, beginning with the mortgage payments since it cost more than we'd budgeted to spend and our income did not meet expectations to cover it.  I would not have learned that God DOES answer prayer, but not always in the way in which we expect.  Praying that God's Will be done, and then being open for unexpected ways in which He may answer, has taught me to trust God.  Asking for help is the beginning of faith because to ask for help is to lay pride aside.