Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, January 17, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - January 17

A Message of Peace

"St. Francis used to say to his brothers, 'Go, announce peace to all people; preach repentance for the remission of sins.  Be patient in trials, watchful in prayer, and steadfast in weariness.  Be modest in your speech, responsible in your actions and grateful to your benefactors.  And know that in return an eternal kingdom is being made ready for you.'" --St. Bonaventure, Major Life, 3:7

These short few sentences seem to wrap up the Christian walk.  Some of these actions come naturally in the course of my day, like being modest in my speech (I'm don't talk much to begin with) and being responsible in my actions (it's not in my nature to take risks so being responsible is not a hard requirement for me).  Some of the others, however, I must be reminded to do/be.  While I don't have a St. Francis in my life to remind me, I do have the Holy Spirit.  This is why being in a relationship with God where you are sensitive to His voice is essential.  Otherwise, it's far too easy to go down the path of least resistance.