Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, January 21, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - January 21

The Preaching and Example of St. Francis

"My office of governing the brother is spiritual, in that I must overcome and correct vices.  If I cannot do this by my preaching and example, then I surely do not want to do it like a taskmaster, beating and flogging the brothers the way a worldly master does."  --Writings of Leo, Rufino, and Angelo, 23b

This is good parenting advice for today.  Example is a big part of it, but as we all know, children are wont to do what they want no matter what we say or do.  How we correct them can make the difference in our relationship with them--we can foster resentment or encourage respect and a trust that we are looking out for their best interest--just as God does when He disciplines us.