Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, January 26, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - January 26

St. Francis's Words on Working

"I used to work with my hands, as I still want to, and I want all the other brothers to work at a task which is honest and becoming to our manner of life.  Those who do not know how to work should learn, not because they are eager for the pay due their labor, but for example's sake and to banish idleness.  And when we receive no pay for our work, let us have recourse to the table of the Lord, begging alms from door to door."  --The Testament of St. Francis

I would fit well in Francis's Order (there were Sisters under Clare's care).  I need to keep my hands busy.  I think that is part of why I became a writer--to keep my hands busy.  I do not do needlework and you can't garden in the winter.  There's just so much housework to be done.  But put a computer keyboard under my fingers and it seems my hands are doing all the work--words just flow through and out my fingertips!  Now that I've taken up drawing, I'm looking forward to what flows through my fingertips in pictures.