Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, January 28, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - January 28

Conformity to Christ

"In everything he did, St. Francis was conformed to Christ.  When he began his Order, he did as the Blessed Christ had done when he chose twelve Apostles to despise the things of this world and follow him in poverty and the other virtues.  He too had twelve chosen companions who were followers of total poverty."  --Little Flowers of St. Francis, Chapter 1

Statements like this can cause me to get discouraged with my Christian walk until I realize I have not been called to a life of poverty in the physical realm.  But I do believe we have all been called to a life of poverty in the spiritual realm.  By "poverty" I mean the recognition that without God we are all impoverished.  If I do not recognize that I am "nothing" without God, and live as though it is true, then I cannot follow in Christ's footsteps.