Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, February 27, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - February 27

The Sin of Appropriation

"When we think of possessions, we usually have material things in mind, but St. Francis used to remind his brothers that possessions are material and spiritual, anything we appropriate to ourselves.  For him it is not possessions which are sinful, but possessiveness, appropriating to ourselves what is not ours.  He says:  'You eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good when you appropriate to yourself your own will, thus crediting yourself with the good which the Lord says and does in you.'"  --St. Francis, Admonition 2


I've not been guilty of possessiveness when it comes to doing good or for any of my talents, but I AM guilty when it comes to wanting recognition for it!  Somewhere between realizing I can do nothing without God and the actual doing of it I claim ownership.  This is what leads to my wanting recognition.  Forgive me, Father, for appropriating Your goodwill towards me and claiming it for myself alone.  It is only mine to give away and not to claim payment for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment