Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, February 28, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - February 28

A Heavenly Inheritance



"The Son of God was more noble than we; nevertheless, for us he made himself poor in this world.  For love of him we have chosen the way of poverty; we shouldn't, then, feel humiliated to go seeking alms.  It is not seemly for the heirs of the kingdom to feel ashamed of the pledge of their heavenly inheritance."  --Celano, Second Life, 74


There are areas in each of our lives that are poor.  Are you good at asking for help in those areas?  Where we are weak He is strong, and His glory is able to be seen when we ask Him for help.  But because He uses human hands to help us, we must also let our needs be known to others.  I do not like to appear needy in any way, but by not asking for help when I've exhausted my personal means, I'm not only shutting God out of my life, I'm preventing someone else from being a blessing.





No comments:

Post a Comment