Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, February 4, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - February 4

A Royal Dignity




"God is well pleased with poverty, and above all with voluntary poverty.  For my part I possess royal dignity and special nobility, in that I follow the Lord, who was rich but became poor for our sakes (cf. 2 Co 8:9)."  --Celano, Second Life, 73








The entire month is about poverty so I'm wondering what I can say differently about it!  Perhaps today's key word is "voluntary."  Of course, there is worth in doing things for the sake of doing them because we should.  However, we are told that God looks at the heart and judges us there--not on our works.  If we are giving because we should instead of because we want to, it is time to examine our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment