Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, April 9, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - April 9

We Are Like Paintings

"In a panel painting representing the Lord or the Blessed Virgin, it is the Lord or Holy Virgin who is honored, while the wood and the painting claim nothing for themselves.  Similarly, a servant of God is a picture of God, in which God is honored for his favor.  And you may not claim credit that God is pictured through you, for compared to him you are less than the wood and the painting."  --Mirror of Perfection, 45

I love this analogy because I am learning how to draw and paint.  Before last year I couldn't draw anything.  I'd tried for years, without success.  So I am very aware that any ability I now have comes from God.  When I look at my art work, I see God's grace.  I just hope others see the same in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment