Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, May 9, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - May 9

St. Clare Reveals a Prophecy of Francis About the Poor Ladies

"Immediately after his conversion and before St. Francis had any brothers or companions, he spent his time repairing the church of San Damiano.  There he received that vision of the Lord which filled him with heavenly consolation, there he made his final decision to leave the world, and there in a transport of joy and enlightened by the Holy Spirit, he prophesied something about us which the Lord later fulfilled.  He climbed the wall of the church and cried out in French to some poor people standing around, 'Come and help me build this monastery of San Damiano, because in a short time some ladies are going to live here whose holy lives will bring glory to our Heavenly Father throughout the whole Church.'"  --The Testament of St. Clare

I have sought God's confirmation for projects I've "felt" I should take on, but sometimes I "knew" from the beginning I was to do it.  In either case, whether I was right or wrong in thinking God wanted me to do it, He has used it for His glory--to grow me and to show His power through me.



No comments:

Post a Comment