Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, July 19, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - July 19

A Morning Prayer

"I shall thank you, O Lord, Most Holy Father,
King of heaven and earth, because you have consoled me (cf. Is 12:1)
He is the God of my salvation:
I shall have faith and not be afraid (Is 12:2)
Yahweh is my strength and my song,
he has been my Savior (Ps 118:14).
Your right hand, Yahweh, shatters your foes,
and by your great majesty you fell your assailants (Ex 15:6-7)."  --St. Francis, Office of the Passion

The ways God has consoled me?  Through a stranger's smile as I pass them on the street....a sweet note from someone I know.....a bird song that breaks the silence outside my window......a book on a sale table that speaks to my heartache.....a soft wind that suddenly comes up and blows gently across my cheek....my cat wants to sit on my lap or my dog comes and sits by my feet....



3 comments:

  1. I love your gentle reminders here...of Joy in our Father...breeze just now kicked up.. and cat is here sleeping snoring..and dog in his bed curled up birds covered in their cages for morning..things of mine only I could love....thank you , God for all in ALL...merri

    ReplyDelete