Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, July 28, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - July 28

On Praying the Divine Office

"With all earnestness, I ask my lord minister general to see to it that the clerics pray the Divine Office with devotion before God, not focusing on melody of voice but on harmony of mind, so that their voices be attuned to their thoughts and their thoughts to God.  Thus they will please God by the purity of their minds, and not charm people's ears with the preciousness of their singing voices."  --St. Francis, Letter to the Whole Order

I've always enjoyed singing so St. Francis's admonition highlights for me to take care that when singing praises to God that I do not get caught up in the music, but rather keep my focus on the words.




No comments:

Post a Comment