Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, October 13, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - October 13

God's Will

"Once when Francis was very ill, he was so weak that he could not even move.  But when one of the brothers asked what he would prefer to bear, this lingering, protracted illness or the suffering of an excruciating martyrdom at the hands of an executioner, he replied, 'My son, what has always been and still is most dear to me and sweeter and more acceptable is whatever the Lord my God is most pleased to let happen in me and to me, for my only desire is to be found always conformed and obedient to His will in everything.'"  --Celano, First Life, 107

Submitting to God's will in all things begins with trusting Him to be a good, just, and loving creator.  Whatever befalls us in life or in death, we will be able to bear with His help.

No comments:

Post a Comment