Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, October 20, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - October 20

St. Francis Forgives and Blesses His Brothers

"When St. Francis's death was at hand, he said to one of his brothers, "Now God is calling me.  I pardon all my brothers present and absent for all their offenses and sins; and insofar as I can, I absolve them.  Tell them this, and bless them for me."  --Celano, First Life, 109

We are told to not let the sun go down on our anger because if you are holding onto anger, there is sure to be an unforgiving spirit in you.   The Lord's return could come in the night and you will have lost your chance to forgive as you have been forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment