Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, October 30, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - October 30

Words of Life

"Let us cling to the words, the life, the teaching, and the Holy Gospel of him who humbled himself to petition his Father for us and make his name known to us, saying, 'Father, glorify your name!' (Jn 12:28) and 'glorify your Son so that your Son may glorify you' (Jn 17:1).  Father, 'I have revealed your name to those whom you took from the world to give me' (Jn 17:6).  'I have given them the teaching you gave to me, and they have indeed accepted it and know for certain that I came from you, and have believed that it was you who sent me' (Jn 17:8)."  --St. Francis, Rule of 1221, Chapter XXII

Most of scripture is man speaking to or about God or His Son.  When God or Jesus are quoted I am most comforted.  What we do not seem to grasp often times is that the Holy Spirit is speaking to us constantly.  We will hear Him in our spirit if we would but quiet our own thoughts long enough to hear His.


No comments:

Post a Comment