Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, December 27, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - December 27

"The Daily Humility of God

"See, every day he humbles himself as he did when, from his royal throne, he came into the womb of the Virgin; every day he comes to us with the same humility; every day he descends from his Father's bosom into the hands of the priest at the altar."  --St. Francis, Admonition 1

That God would mingle with us, such undeserving creatures, is truly humbling.  As creations of our Creator we can never be too humble.  This year Francis has shown me that I take my blessings from God for granted far too often.  I too easily begin to think it was my own doing or that I deserved this or that.  That kind of thinking leads us quickly down the road of hubris!  This road leads us away from God.  Away from the freedom being in Christ offers us.

No comments:

Post a Comment