Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, January 23, 2017

Bucket List


"God is able to bless you abundantly, so that...you will abound in every good work."  -2 Corinthians 9:8

On today's Discover the Word Ann Voskamp speaks of the Bucket List that so many of us make before we die.  This list usually consists of things we want to do/experience before it's too late.  She goes on to point out, however, that if you want more in your life you must be like Christ who emptied Himself for us.  Only once we are emptied can we be filled with the blessings of Christ.  All that we receive will be for the kingdom of God.  If we don't use our blessings for that purpose we will become like cancer cells, Ann says, which reproduce only to benefit themselves.

I don't have a Bucket List per se, but I do want to get my book (see cover above) published before I die.  I feel blessed with the ability to craft a story and am learning how to illustrate it so that this desire can be fulfilled.....but I must be careful that I do not lose sight of why I want to get my story out into the wider world.  It is a story dear to my heart--one of friendship so strong that the bond cannot be broken by distance or time.  It also is a metaphor of my own transformation and subsequent journey, froth with obstacles that have needed to be overcome.  

I am grateful for the reminder that Gabriel's Tale will be told when the time is right as long as it remains for the glory of God and not my own.


2 comments:

  1. Love what you wrote "It is a story dear to my heart--one of friendship so strong that the bond cannot be broken by distance or time." As your Sister, I feel that bond of love and friendship. I am blessed!

    ReplyDelete