Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Holiness


"Put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." -Ephesians 4:24




Lilias Trotter, a missionary in the late 1800s, wrote in her journal:  "Separation from all known sin is the starting-point for sanctification, not the goal......it is only reaching the place where God can develop His ideal in us unhindered.  It is when the death of winter has done its work that the sun can draw out in each plant its own individuality, and make its existence full and fragrant.  Holiness means something more than the sweeping away of the old leaves of sin:  it means the life of Jesus developed in us."

There was a time early on in my Christian walk that I didn't know about the Holy Spirit and therefore thought it was all up to me to "be good."  I'd resolve to be and do more, only to fail time and again.  It was only when I was made aware of the Holy Spirit and realized it was He in me that effected the necessary change that I began to see true transformation.  My part now was just to yield to Him.

I am grateful for the transforming power of Jesus's life in me through the workings of the Holy Spirit.  This is what Jesus meant when He said His yoke is easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment