Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, January 1, 2017

Jesus, My Shepherd


"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."  -Psalm 23:1





These sheep belong to our neighbor.  When I took this photo my husband and I were trying to herd them back into their fenced pasture.  Gabriel, my dog, had alerted me to their escape so I took Gabriel back to our house and got my husband.  I'd gotten the sheep to stand still and wait for my husband to reopen a section of fence to let them through, but when I moved toward them to herd them in that direction, one broke free and ran off to the right and the rest followed.  All I could do was follow them back up to the lane and hope I could get ahead of them before they reached the main road.  But I did not have to.  They went on their own accord back through the open gate across their owner's driveway and huddled at the pasture gate.  I closed the driveway gate behind them so that they were once again corralled.

I am grateful for the example these sheep gave me that day as a reminder of how I am like sheep.  Left to my own devices I can go looking for a "better" pasture and become lost.  Others may come to my rescue and try to help me find my way, but only the Shepherd can save me.  Like the sheep running home to their shepherd, I need only run back to Him whenever I stray because it is only He who can meet my every need.  This is a good reminder, also, that when others come to me to rescue them, that I should lead them to Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful meaningful message to start the New Year off!

    ReplyDelete