Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Always in His Care


"The righteous care for the needs of their animals. . . ." - Proverbs 12:10


A few years ago on a Sunday afternoon I looked out my front window and was startled to see this deer lying down in my front yard!  We have a little pond with a trickling waterfall that attracts deer from time to time.  They have to step over a 2-½ foot fence around the yard that is there to keep my dog in, but I have never seen one lying down in my garden in broad daylight.  When I opened the screen door to get a clearer photo the deer immediately got up and hobbled over to the fence and stepped over.  It was then I saw it was holding up its rear right leg.  I immediately got on the phone to call the local wildlife rescue group and was told they only rescue smaller animals.  While making a few other calls trying to reach someone on a Sunday afternoon in vain we looked out another window towards our woods and saw it lying down there.  By late afternoon it was nowhere to be seen so I did not pursue locating a rescue organization on Monday.

I share this story because we are often quite diligent in trying to help our animal friends in need of help--whether they are in our yards or those we've learned about through rescue organizations.  So it is hard for me to understand why concern for human beings does not take the same priority--those in helpless positions due to poverty, abuse, or war.

I am grateful that God always cares for me when I put my trust in him.  The deer was too wary of humans to let me help it, yet it chose to lie in my garden.  We who put our trust in God must remember we have to let Him help us by being malleable in His Hands.

2 comments: