Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, February 21, 2017

God's Presence


"I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being."  
-Ephesians 3:16


Lilias Trotter wrote of seeing wild lilies growing out of the "hot salt sand that drifts into dunes round the stunted juniper and lentisk bushes that fringe the shore." She continued, "The same Lord over all can store the roots in His spiritual creation, even though they have but smothering sand drifts around them."

A few years ago we vacationed on an island off the New England coast.  When this photo was taken we were on the beach mesmerized by a double rainbow over the ocean.  When I turned to leave this wild rose in the sand caught my eye, and I was no less thrilled by its beauty and the fact that it was growing out of the grasses that "fringe the shore."  It's moments like this that I'm reminded of God's continued presence in our world.

I am grateful for "His glorious riches" that strengthen me "with power through His Spirit" in my "inner being" refreshing me and enabling me to feel His presence more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment