Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, February 6, 2017

Holy Spirit Poured Out


"Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear."  -Acts 2:33


Lilias Trotter wrote in her journal that she was reminded of the Acts 2:33 scripture when she came upon a waterfall in Breitenboden valley in the Alps, and having dipped a cup into the swirling water, found that the "water still whirled round and round in it for several seconds after."  She went on to write, "The impetus came from having its source so high, and coming so swiftly down into low place.....If only Jesus is high enough and we are low enough, the stream of His Spirit must be mighty."

I love the imagery Lilias paints with her words.   Every Autumn we plan a hiking weekend that usually includes a waterfall or two.  I love hearing the sound the waterfall makes before we even see it, and then experiencing the power of the water as it cascades over the rocks into the basin below.  When we exalt God to His proper place and lower ourselves to ours we too will experience the rush of the Holy Spirit in our lives with equal force.

I am grateful for the Holy Spirit who is the power of God working in and through me.  As I take a place of humble obedience I will receive the living water and as it sustains and refreshes me, I become a conduit of His love for others.

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of placing GOD ON HIGH.. and I too love waterfalls. Gooseberry Falls outside of Duluth Mn . my home town for years.. is such a place. It totally renews the spirit as water cascades down in and around you as you stand there. We serve a mighty God.. and proof of it is in the placement of him on HIGH allowing him to cascade down into our beings and wash and nourish us clean

    3:53 / 4:33
    Gooseberry Falls State Park - Video Tour hit this up on your computer ....

    ReplyDelete