Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, February 24, 2017

Like the Feet of a Deer


"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer he enables me to go on the heights."  -Habukkuk 3:19


Some Bible translations use the word "hind" for deer.  When I looked up "hind" in the dictionary it did not mention "deer" but it did use the example "the left hind leg."  So it was interesting to me that the scripture I read today in Lilias Trotter's journal is this Habukkuk passage.  She spoke of "mountains of difficulty" and how God can turn our mountains into roads for us.  I say it is interesting because yesterday the left rear tire of our car went flat while we were driving on I-95.  We'd run over something in the road just before and now it was obvious the tire had been punctured.  By the time we were able to get off the Interstate so my husband could change the tire in a safer location, the inside wall of the tire was in shreds.  We felt fortunate that it happened before we'd entered the Harbor Tunnel and could take the exit and that we were able to drive several miles on it to find a quiet street to change it.  Because our car's spare is a "donut" tire, when it came time to drive home later in that evening we had to take back roads rather than the Interstate since the spare was not to be driven at speeds higher than 55.  Consequently an hour and 5-minute drive stretched to 2 hours.  When you consider all the possible catastrophes that could have ensued, I cannot complain.

I am grateful that even when things "go wrong" God is there to "make [our] feet go like the deer," safely navigating the challenges that come our way.

2 comments: