Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, March 12, 2017

Light of the World


"I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness." -John 12:46

Lilias Trotter calls this Soul Vision:  "This is the true inward vision, the faith of seeing, as distinct from the faith of deductive proof.  It is an illumination that abides from the beginning, not merely flashes of light that visit you from time to time when you have reached a certain stage.  For this light is not to be sought within the recesses of your being but outside yourself and away in another, even in Him who God has sent to be the Light of the World.  Once for all, here and now, this light will break on you if you lift up your eyes and behold Jesus Christ with the spiritual vision of the soul."

This "soul vision" that Lilias speaks of is the result of receiving the Holy Spirit.  It is not, as she says, deductive proof, but rather an inward vision.  It's that inner sense of knowing that you just follow.  You don't have to think about it in advance to figure anything out.  Once we have the Holy Spirit our task is to not quench Him.  How often do I let my flesh interfere with what I know in my inner being is the right thing to do?

I am grateful for the Light that has come into the world enabling me to be one with God as I was created to be and that with each day's sunrise I have a brand new day in which to walk in the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment