Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Trials


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."  -James 1:2-3


The "tree people" are here again today taking down dead trees and chipping the fallen branches and twigs I pick up when I take Gabriel, my dog, out for his daily romp.  The first time they came in 2013 they spent 6 days clearing out more than 30 years of fallen trees, rampant vines, and unattractive bushes.  You can imagine my delight that Autumn to see these vivid red Burning Bushes that I never realized were there.

In the book of James we are called to persevere the testing we face as God works out our salvation.  We can count it all joy on the other side of the trial knowing we will be stronger to endure the hardships of life.  Our faith is often tested which allows us to see where we are weak in our faith and what we need to surrender in order to receive the full measure of the power of the Holy Spirit in us.

I am grateful that God does not leave me during my times of testing.  Even in my darkest hour I can feel His presence holding me up and seeing me through to the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment