Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, March 17, 2017

Walk by Faith


"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." -2 Corinthians 12:9


Lilias Trotter wrote in her journal:  "I am seeing more and more that we begin to learn what it is to walk by faith when we learn to spread out all that is against us:  all our physical weakness, loss of mental power, spiritual inability--all that is against us inwardly and outwardly--as sails to the wind and expect them to be vehicles for the power of Christ to rest upon us.  It is so simple and self-evident--but so long in the learning!"

I agree with Lilias--especially the so long in the learning part!  Can I take my lack of sleep and all I have to do today and cast it to the wind with the faith that by the power of Christ I will be able to meet the day's challenges?

I am grateful that the Holy Spirit empowers me when I raise my sails and let His grace fill my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment