Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, April 21, 2017

Abundance


"Consider this:  Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.  Each one should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not out of regret or compulsion.  For God loves a cheerful giver."  -2 Corinthians 9:6-7


When we moved here 36 years ago our woods were filled with pine trees.  It was one of the reasons we bought the place because the sound of the wind in the pines reminded me of my visits to my grandparents' farm when I was a child.  Over the years, however, many of the pines have died.  But there is still hope for our woods because some years the remaining trees drop a profusion of pinecones.  It is just a matter of time before seedlings appear, and a new woods will begin to grow.

Likewise, God uses the gifts of a grateful giver to reproduce what they've given.  Not only are others helped, the giver is given much more than they gave because they will enter into the joy of their Father!

I am grateful that I have an abundance of time and resources that enables me to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment