Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, April 2, 2017

Become Like Little Children


"Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."  -Matthew 18:3




This is my granddaughter exploring the path with Gabriel in my Enchanted Woods.   My husband and I made these paths and special "Enchanted Woods" just for our grandchildren.  I'm sure I got the idea from the fact that as a child I loved exploring my neighborhood either on foot or on my bike.  This was a time when children were allowed to run free at an early age.  Before that even, when I was Olivia's age, my parents had to send out a search party for me--once they found me amongst the soybeans taller than me in the field behind our house and another time the police found me, along with my dog, blocks from home pulling my red wagon.

I've always thought Jesus's words about becoming like little children meant we were to be as trusting as they are, but I wonder if he meant, as well, that we have the curiosity of a child.  They are always eager to learn new things and experience life to the fullest.  No wonder they don't want to stop what they're doing and take a nap!  When we trust God with our lives we begin a new adventure, eager as little children to learn all the new things God has in store for us.

I am grateful to have grandchildren who help me remember what it is to be a child.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, Cathy, and something I am going to ponder this week. I think I have misplaced my eagerness, and must find it again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ Yes, Elaine! The only thing we can't have is the energy of a little child, but eagerness is within our reach.

      Delete