Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Fragrant Offering


"...walk in love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant sacrificial offering to God."  
-Ephesians 5:2




These are some of the fragrant flowers in my garden (clockwise from top left):  Gardenia, Wild Honeysuckle, Climbing Eden Rose, Lavender.  The Gardenia and Honeysuckle have very strong, sweet scents, while the Rose is somewhat milder.  The Lavender's scent is hard to describe--more in the mint family to me--a bit pungent, but very pleasant.   It is said to help relax us when put under our pillow at night.  

Christ Himself was a fragrant offering to God.  When we walk in love we become fragrant sacrificial offerings.  I will keep this in mind as I walk through my garden enjoying the heaven-sent scents.

I am grateful that in God's Garden I can be an offering of love to Him and others.

3 comments:

  1. And what a wonderful fragrance we offer to Him with our worship and praise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GARDENIAS!!!!!! Wow!! That garden is just beautiful!!!! And love the " frragrant offering" of the Christ... can smell all those. I have not smelled a gardenia since I was sixteen many years go they were mom's favorite too. and I asked for them at each dance I went to for my corsage. Love the basket of Lavender too wonder if you make Lavender Wands?? Thank for this lovely gift of your garden filled with God's Love. I feel it powerfully and am imagining the smells ! Merri

    ReplyDelete