Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, April 13, 2017

Accepting God's Will


"He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.'"  -Matthew 26:42


Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel can seem SO far away when we are struggling with some life circumstance.  In the garden at Gethsemane Jesus prayed all night about what he was to face the next day--his crucifixion.  Jesus was very much man in addition to being the son of God and would experience the physical pain of being whipped and nailed to a cross, left till he died.  But he would also experience the emotional pain of being separated from God as he took on the sins of the world.  Yet, even though he struggled with the thought of what was to come he was able to pray "May your will be done."

I am grateful that I have Jesus's example to pray until I can see the light at the end of the tunnel which comes when I am able to accept God's will for me whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment