Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, April 4, 2017

In the Shadow of His Wings


"On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.  Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings."  -Psalm 63:6-7


This hawk, which visits our woods, and other large birds of prey that fly over our property often create shadows on the ground that catch my attention.  I look to the sky immediately to catch a glimpse of these magnificent birds gliding over the treetops.

In the Psalm David talks to God during the watches of the night and likens his awareness of God's presence to being in the shadow of wings.  Just like the shadow of the bird's wings causes me to lift my gaze to the sky, David lifts his heart to God seeking comfort from the troubles surrounding him.

I am grateful that when I awaken during the night with a concern on my mind, God is there to give me comfort and reassurances that He knows and is working all things out for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment