Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, April 27, 2017

Self-Worth


"Each one should test their own actions.  Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else. . . ."  -Galatians 6:4


I enjoy the many varieties of flowers available to me at the garden shop.  The hyacinth does not try to be a daffodil and the daffodil does not try to be a tulip.  Likewise, we should enjoy the various kinds of people in our lives and not try to make them into mini-me's!  We each have our own unique talents and gifts to express in different ways.

I remember when I was in my 20's having to remind myself, when I felt uncomfortable around people who did not do things the way I did them, that the world could not function if everyone was like me!  I was prone to make myself right and them wrong, or myself wrong and them right--neither which was good for them or me!  I eventually became comfortable with who I am which allowed me to become comfortable with the way others are.  I no longer compare myself to others and it has made all the difference in my becoming all that God has meant for me to be.

I am grateful that I can look to God for my self-worth.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with this message. We all are GOD's children, made in HIS likeness. HE made us unique. We all have our various personalities & talents to give back to the world. Never should we strive to "fit-in" as GOD made us as HE wanted us to be!

    ReplyDelete