Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, April 23, 2017

Spiritual Growth

"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."  -Philippians 1:6

May 12, 2014                                                   April 17, 2017

When placed side-by-side you see just how much the Bleeding Heart in my garden has matured in three years!  I think that's why when we visit our childhood home after years of being away it seems so much smaller than we remember.  That's because we are not the same person we were when we lived there--we're much bigger now!  Our Spiritual growth is the same way.  When we look back we may see mistakes we made, but that's only because now that we've grown spiritually we can see them.  I've come to realize that not only my mistakes but other's mistakes were not intentional--we were doing the best we could with the information and level of maturity we had at the time.  How fast we grow depends on how much we trust God to complete the work He began in us and cooperate in His plan for us.

I am grateful that because God is in charge of my spiritual growth I can rely on Him to work all things together for my good as I trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment